Sorry I haven't been writing very much lately. I have been so busy and things are still very hectic. I do promise to catch up soon and I have also been thinking about setting up some other blogs for different subjects as this one is very much all about me! But more on that soon. For now, how about another one of those blog questionnaires to get to know me even more!
1. Most comforting place, smell, sound and memory? In my bed or by the sea watching the waves. Smell would be either baking or freshly cooked bread, the smell of my Mum or Dad and clean fresh air. Sound would be waves, or my favourite songs, and sometimes when my head is too full, silence can be very comforting! Most comforting memory is a tough one, probably something nice with Gina or my lovely Dougal Dog. Maybe even one of the good times with Mum or Dad, or sitting watching Doctor Who with Andy on a Saturday night and watching Lord of the Rings Trilogy with him. Nice memories always make me smile when I am sad.
2. Your ambitions as a child and your ambitions now When I was very young I wanted to be a nurse, then when I was about 9 years old I decided I wanted to be an archaeologist. For a short while in my mid to late teens I thought about being a teacher. My ambitions now are to continue working in the museum sector and enhancing and building on my skills. I also want to become a professional writer, and become a successful events organiser with my friend. I also still have the dream of doing a PhD one day but at the moment that feels a very long way away.
3. Biggest fear Its an equal tie between ending up alone, dying young (and alone) and losing my parents.
4. Qualities you would like in a partner (if you would like one) Loyalty, trust worthy, kind heart, good sense of humour, great personality, fun, clever/intelligent, understanding, patient, a bit of a geek like me, and some one I can talk to easily and share my life with.
5. Traits you couldn’t put up with in a partner (if you would like one) Selfishness, acute laziness, arrogance, ignorance, vanity, image obsessed, cheater/liar, judgemental, narrow mindedness, and violent.
6. What is the worst thing you have done to another person? (Let them down, lied, faked love etc) Not sure. I have told the odd white lie but only to save the feelings of the other person. I have never lied about anything serious or important and I don't think I have ever let someone down. I am sometimes late due to uncontrollable reasons which can be annoying, but I think on the whole I have been quite a good person. I think my friends and family would be better off answering this one!
7. What are your worst traits and features? I lack confidence in the way I look and what people think of me. I am very hard on myself, often unnecessarily. I am very strong minded often to a fault, I blow my nose very loudly, I am a terrible morning person and I have a horrible habit of doing what other people want me to do just to please them, when I should be listening to myself and making myself happy. I don't lose my temper very often but when I do it is terrible and not pretty. I try very hard to keep it locked away! I also swear far too much and my feelings get hurt very easily.
8. What are your best traits and features? I am very loyal, a good friend (I hope!), hard working, focussed (most of the time), good personality, great sense of humour, generous, reliable and considerate of others (often too much). I think I have good strong morals, open mindedness and an ability to take on board criticism (however hard that may be) and turn it into something positive. I am also very good at organising things, however small and unimportant!! I also have a very creative brain so I like making things which I think is a good trait!
9. How would you explain your idea of ‘true love’? Someone who accepts you for who you truly are, warts and all and not just the polished version you try to present to the world. Someone who understands and "gets" you and makes you feel better just because they are in your life, and even when you are on your own you no longer feel lonely. Someone who allows you to love them in return and who knows when you need them to pick you up and fight for you and also when you just need them to support you so you can fight that particular battle on your own. True Love is something that should last forever, with ups and downs but a connection that nothing can break. It should bring you happiness and hope even in the most darkest situations.
10. The biggest mistake you’ve made. I don't really think there is one. That is not because I have never made a mistake, but all the decisions I have made in my life however they may have turned out were made for the right reasons at the time so I can't really regret them. If I got to go back I would still do everything the same. Plus everything that has happened to me, good and bad, has made me who I am and got me to were I am now. Life isn't meant to be perfect, and without the mistakes you would never have the successes!
11. Are you rational or more emotional? I try to be logical and listen to my head more than my heart as your heart can be fickle and lead you down paths you shouldn't have gone down. However as I am getting older I do tend to be getting increasingly more emotional about things!
12. Do you think you’re very conscious of the feelings of others or more self oriented? I am very conscious of the feelings of others and often put there feelings before my own, to the detriment of myself. I will suffer instead of risking upsetting the person who is hurting or upsetting me by saying something, because I don't want to upset them!
13. Greatest achievement personally. Getting my undergraduate degree, finishing my Masters degree (hopefully in the next few months), passing my driving test, putting my past behind me and not letting it define who I am now. Going through a massive attitude assessment and rethink/realisation in the last few weeks. Its been hard but will ultimately be good for my life.
14. If you struggle to sleep at night, what do you do to try and soothe yourself to sleep? I really don't sleep well at night and often go to bed in the early hours of the morning! If I don't just stay up until I feel tired, then I will read or if in bed I will close my eyes and make up a story hoping it will help me to drift off and give me lovely dreams.
15. What irritates you most about society? Its image obsessed and selfish. Everything is judged on the way it looks or how much it costs. People are judged on what they can do and whether they are decent people on whether they look attractive or wear certain clothes. Since when has good looks and a nice dress meant you are really good at your job or your a decent human being?? If you don't fit a certain image then its apparently acceptable to be treated badly and with disrespect. Its outrageous! We have also lost the sense of community and people are only out for themselves.
16. When you compliment someone, what do you tend to focus on? (Looks, intelligence, personality…) Depends on the person! Sometimes its their brain, sometimes its their sense of humour, sometimes its how good they are at their job and sometimes its because their hair looks good or a certain outfit really suits them. I also really appreciate talent, whether its creative, musical, sporting or artistic, so that is often a compliment I focus on. I also do like a nice bum on a guy although I don't think I have ever told a guy I thought he had a nice bum!!
17. Think of your oldest friend. If you met them now do you think you would still become friends? It sounds horrible to say but I don't think so. We were both young kids of 7 years old when we became friends and we have both had such different life experiences and opportunities since we left Junior School and went our separate ways, that I don't think we would have very much in common or that our paths would ever cross now. Our friendship now is based on our past.
18. Something you love to do, but feel guilty about after/during? Buying craft things to add to my ever growing craft stash even though I don't really need more and can't afford it (particularly decoupage sheets and lovely papers)! Laying in bed when I should have got up a few hours earlier, reading when I should be doing my dissertation and having an extra slice of buttered freshly baked crusty bread when I know I shouldn't because its fattening!
19. Would you like children in the future. If so why? Yes and no. The idea of parenthood scares the hell out of me and the whole labour/birth bit is something I really don't want to even think about! However I do like the idea of having a family and taking my kids to museums, zoos, farms, going on picnics, going to the beach, playing together, making stuff together, teaching them to read and introducing them to different things. I would also be curious to see how they turn out!